Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The Descendants


It wasn't his fault but after leaving this movie I was genuinely pissed at my husband.  It's like when you have a dream where your husband is cheating on you and when you see him in the morning you just shake your head and say, "You're such a dick".

Here's my problem with this movie.  It's mom-hating.  Mom is in a coma but she had an affair so she kind of deserves it.  Then the dad takes the kids on a road trip that is the most fun they've ever had.  Look how good things are without mom!!  The ending is like a freaking Valentine to dad's everywhere and a finger to all moms.  Mom has passed away.  So, dad and the girls snuggle up on the couch and watch a movie, sharing ice cream out of the carton.  See ya, mom!  Don't let the door hit you on the ass on your way to heaven.  I almost punched my husband in the head.

Love,
Kristen

8 comments:

  1. KD-
    You are certainly confident on the fact that you'd be going to heaven, huh?

    Love,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well maybe not me but that lady looked after those kids for sixteen years and put up with that smarmy husband of hers. I just think she's getting in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, I did enjoy Rob Huebel in this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So the Dad has to raise two girls after his wife dies whilst boating to her lover... And the Dad is the bad guy?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a crazy person. That being said If you're ever in Russia ring me

    ReplyDelete
  6. So that happened, where are you in Russia and can we get your contact details.

    Kristen thinks your are hot.

    Love,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well played . Hopefully she won't take a boat to see me like that bird from the Descendents.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So that Happened, you might need to take a break from commenting.

    Love,
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete