Tuesday, December 6, 2011

And while we're talking essentials...

Let's talk beauty. I really wanted this post to be from the West Coast contingent of this blog because they always look amazing and I know they have lots of beauty tips but we are all trying to figure out how to blog and Katie isn't even in the country. She has been located, however. She is in London. But back to the subject. There are only so many hours in the day and dollars in the wallet to spend on beauty. And with every magazine suggesting a different treatment or cream to make you appear youthful and vibrant, I'd like to get a list of bang for your buck beauty essentials for the 40 year old gal. I only have a few in my arsenal so I will list them. And then let's add to them.

1. Teeth whitening. Have it done at your dentists office and have them make trays to take home so you can touch up. White teeth are awesome.
2. Latisse for the eyelashes and brows. If you don't wear mascara everyday this can give you a natural fuller lash. Problem is that if you stop Latisse your thin mangy lashes will return. So, alternatively there are lash extensions. Which I haven't tried so maybe they shouldn't be on my list.
3. Botox. I haven't tried fillers but Botox is awesome. I always let it go too long but try to do it a few times a year. Between the brows, the forehead and the crows feet. Makes such a difference.
4. Retin a. I only use this in the cooler months because it makes your skin super sensitive to the sun. But it just takes a tiny bit and really turns over the skin cells. Fresh new skin!*
5. A spray tan. Genius. I am at the beach all summer and since I've discovered the spray tan my skin has been so happy. 70 SPF everyday. With the look of a burnt sugar cookie (i have them do it dark. What?) Perfection.

Love,
Kristen

*also can cause peeling hence the liberal use of aquaphor

2 comments:

  1. Dear Dum,
    I agree with all of this.

    Love,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, I can't do spray tans because of my eczema. Although they all emphatically say that it's hypo-allergenic, I've had a reaction to it 100% of the time.

    For a gal like myself, my face is always protected, but the body gets actual sun from that thing you see in the sky. The SUN.

    Love,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete