Monday, June 4, 2012

Here we go again



At 5 am I heard someone enter our house.  Then I heard a kitchen drawer open (the knife drawer obviously). Heart pounding, I went down the stairs to find... my husband (who had left 30 minutes earlier for work) in the kitchen.

Me:  "What the what?!"

Him: "My ride didn't come."

Me: "Oh (long breath-regulating pause).  What are you going to do?"

Him: "Have a cup of coffee..?"

Me: "My neck hurts.  Do you think it's meningitis?"

Him:  Blank stare.  Sad head shake.

See, that's what you get when you encounter me at 5 am.

Love,
Kristen

5 comments:

  1. Don't be too hard on yourself. Due to some mild jet lag, I was sure I too had meningitis. My neck is jacked up. That along with some nerve damage in my left hand and part of my leg. More than likely from some Indian mosquito. All of the fruit certainly is covered with DDT and when I was it in the water, it's a sure bet for poo poo pants. I have to get to my massage right away.

    Love,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It feels like the hand of death gripping your neck. Or just ouchy and confusing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you really start to panic, try to touch your chin to your neck. If you can't get within a couple inches......it's Gonesville for you. Sorry
    Love
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Only giraffes and you can touch chin to neck. I'm lucky if I get to mid chest. And even then I have to open my mouth to reach.

    Love,
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete