Thursday, February 27, 2014

A Welcome Warning

 There are some warning labels that are just annoying or overkill, I rarely even notice them or read them.  For some reason, when I made reservations to go to Employees Only in New York, I looked at the menus online and saw this at the bottom:

I've never worried about eating things raw or uncooked in my life.  For some reason this struck me.  When something jumps out at you....heed the advice.

Unfortunately, I had the "made tableside" tartare with a raw egg on top.  Not many hours later, I like Dummy in Barthelona (for Rick),  had full blown twirlies.  I don't know if any of you have ever had food poisoning...it is VIOLENT.  One has to stay actively seated on the toilet whilst filling trash cans with Gatorade you can't keep down.

The upside:  I lost 5 lbs that didn't come back.  In fact, I am down 8lbs now.

Thank you Employees Only.  You jump started my diet.

Love,
Katie

1 comment:

  1. If it doesn't kill you food poisoning is just the thing for dropping lb's. I never wash my hands after handling raw chicken. Hopey!

    ReplyDelete