Monday, April 9, 2012

I think we should get a dog



When I said this to my husband the other night he was stunned.  I have always said we will get one when our oldest is ten years old (two years from now).  But then I was thinking/saying...

"Why ten?  Ten is not going to take care of it.  I am going to take care of it.  And I have some time on my hands right now.  Who knows in two years?  I might be really busy with my art."  When I said that his eyes got really big and then he put his head down.

I'm thinking small starter dog because my four year old is afraid of all creatures (pigeons terrorize him).   And, I've always had outdoor dogs (California style) so we might all need a transition period before the big dog days.  Suggestions?

Love,
Kristen

I am crying in the pic because all of our dog's puppies were jumping on Rick and none were jumping on me.  Maybe I'm not ready?

3 comments:

  1. Dum,

    I have one sentence:
    POTTY TRAINED RESCUE DOG.
    Don't mess with a puppy or your face will look like the picture above.

    Love,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember that day like it was yesterday. Apparently puppies hate you. Good luck with the dog! (Truly, I'm very jealous).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still look like that when I cry.

    ReplyDelete